The fellowship and internship programs at CSIS aim to provide students and academic scholars with an opportunity to work and conduct research on issues pertinent to Indonesia. Fellowships are available for doctoral research, post-doctoral research, or non-degree research; while internship opportunities are only available for those holding at least an undergraduate degree in majors relevant to CSIS' research topics.
Fellowships are mainly targeted to facilitate students who are completing their PhD theses. Opportunities for post-doctoral or non-degree fellowships are also open. CSIS will provide visiting fellows with an office space, access to our library and other physical facilities (subject to space availabilities). CSIS can also provide letter of reference upon request, provided that visiting fellows fulfill their responsibilities.
Visiting fellows are required to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Visiting fellows will be subject to administrative fees to cover meals and use of Internet and printers
- Visiting fellows are required to give at least one presentation relevant to their research topic during their stay in CSIS. This exercise will further encourage exchanges of views between the respected fellow and researchers or other scholars in CSIS
- Detailed arrangement of the seminar can be made with CSIS staff
- Visiting fellows are required to be based in CSIS while conducting their fellowship. Should they need to conduct research-related activities outside of CSIS, these have to be consulted with the relevant fellowship coordinator
- Additionally, visiting fellow is expected to contribute at least one article, either in English or Indonesian, to one of CSIS journals (Indonesian Quarterly and/or Analisis CSIS) during or after their stay. Detailed information on writing guidelines is available at journals.csis.or.id
For application, please send your Curriculum Vitae (with recent photograph) and letter expressing interest to:
CSIS Fellowships and Internships Programs
Jl. Tanah Abang III No.23 – 27, Jakarta 10160, Indonesia
Ph. (+62-21) 3865532 | Fx. (+62-21) 3847517
Internship positions are available for Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms.
10 up to 16 weeks
Knowledge Management Internship
|please submit your application i.e. Curriculum Vitae (with recent photograph) and motivation letter to
|interested candidate may apply by submitting CV, and letter expressing interest to
email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application needs to be sent before the deadlines below
Fall (Sept – Dec) : July 15th
Spring (Jan – Apr) : November 15th
Summer (May – Aug) : March 15th
What we offer:
- Access to our events (e.g. national/international conference, seminar and discussion) and library’s collection
- Hands on research experience especially in foreign and Indonesia’s domestic policy
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with our researchers
- Extensive network in the region
- Opportunity to publish in our journals
Please note that the internship program is a volunteer, non-payment-based positions. Selected candidates will be notified regarding the scope of work, job description as well as other relevant tasks by the head of respective Department. Only selected candidates will be directly contacted by the manager. If you do not receive any updates, it means that your application has not been successful.